Trying to get this in before the end of May, so I don't mess up my average of posting once a month...
I was tagged by my friend Marc - 7 random things about myself...
1. My name is a verb. Lysne (in America, rhymes with Disney, in Norway it's lees na) is a Norwegian verb meaning "to become light". According to my grandmother, the town of Lysne (in Norway) is near the arctic circle. They were the first to get the light after the winter months of darkness. The people of Lysne would sound the alarm on alpinehorns and let the rest of the communities know the light was coming. They were often referred to as "the people of the Light".
2. I read constantly. I usually have 2 or 3 books going at a time, often in different parts of the house. Today I'm reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, Jovah's Angel by Sharon Shinn, and Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer.
3. My parents were hippies - I"m lucky I wasn't named Rainbow. We lived in the Haight when I was 4 months old, and before then we lived in a communal dwelling in Crested Butte, Colorado. We moved to Michigan when I was 3 and I have been here for 30-some years.
4. I've been to every state except Alaska, Hawaii and Rhode Island. (See number 3)
5. I make a mean apple pie. One of my pies went for over $25 at an auction one year. (My crust is to die for... really.)
6. My favorite car is a 1968 Porche 911, pale yellow with a dark green interior. NO whale tail.
7. My right "pointer" finger is not straight because I slammed it in a car door on my 12th birthday.
whew. Now I have to tag 7 others: